[linux-audio-dev] How to test resampling quality?

From: James Courtier-Dutton <James@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 28 2006 - 01:16:27 EEST

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any tools out there to test audio
resampling quality. I am particularly interested in 44.1kHz to 48kHz
resampling due to the fact that most sound cards prefer 48kHz.

At least with up sampling (low rate to higher rate) one does not get
aliasing.

I really just want to find some algorithm that I can use to compare
44.1kHz audio signal with an 48kHz audio signal, and to see if there has
been any lose of quality during the up sample.

James