Re: [linux-audio-dev] Gaussian Mixture Models

From: David Cournapeau <cournape@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 16:30:20 EEST

On 10/4/06, Yosvany Llerena Rodríguez <yosvanyllr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm student of Telecommunication Systems and my ending homework is
> related about GMM's - EM algorith for classification. My searchs in
> IEEE I found a few papers but this paper are just a resume of the
> technique and I need a Detailed information to develop the full
> algorithm in C/C++...

This has nothing to do with linux or even audio development... I
shouldn't answer, but anyway:

 Implementing EM for GMM is not really difficult by reading some good
paper on EM (the master thesis here is quite well done, actually, with
extension using variationel Bayes methods for reinforcement
learning:http://www.cs.ubc.ca/grads/resources/thesis/Nov03/Kejie_Bao.pdf#search=%22kejie%20bao%22
). There is an implementation of EM for finite GMM in python available
here:

http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/pyem.tar.gz

which handles both diagonal and full covariance matrices.

David