Re: [linux-audio-dev] The Linux Audio Vision

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 19:47:50 EET

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 17:40 +0100, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> I had one of my first sessions with Carlo, my partner today

Your partner is also named Carlo? =)

> Another area that needs development power is transparency; ZynAddSubFX
> is a fantastic sounding synth, however its interface can be cumbersome
> for some purposes, specifically automation. Additionally, these sounds
> should be accessible in a standard way, without requiring but optionally
> enabling MIDI. The best way to accomplish these goals would be to create
> a ZynAddSubFX DSSI plugin with a complete redesign of the interface;

There is a disabled build option for a DSSI interface in ZynAddSubFX, so
it looks like Paul Nasca also has been thinking about this. I managed to
get it to build as a plugin with some minor hacks, but I couldn't get
any sound from it.

> in addition, a set of LADSPA plugins for use in modular synths would be
> excessively helpful.

Nedko Arnaudov is working on rewriting the ZynAddSubFX synthesis engines
as separate LV2 plugins. I don't know if he's planning to do all the
effects as well.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E