Re: [linux-audio-dev] sampler instrument definition standard needed

From: Leonard \ <paniq@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 13:43:22 EET

from what i see, sf2 seems to be quite popular, due to fluidsynth, so i
will start off there. i suppose any open format should be based on sf2
lingo, with perhaps an bin/xml-in-zip based structure. we recently
created a new tracker module file format based on that, and it works out
pretty well... i believe svgz works quite the same way (not quite tho).

so i suppose the best way would be to reimplement sf2 as some kind of
xsfz format, write a forth-back conversion library/utility and release
the whole work under a bsd licence to make it easy for free and
commercial developers to catch up...

--
-- Leonard Ritter
-- http://www.leonard-ritter.com