Re: [linux-audio-dev] Recording ADAT inputs on RME hammerfall 9636/52

From: Stephen Cameron <smcameron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 09:09:55 EET

(In case anyone remembers this, or digs it up via
google or something)

Well, I have _finally_ got my RME Hammerfall lite
working, and yes, I am indeed an idiot. This whole time
(almost 6 months) I've had the Mac EPROM plugged into the
thing instead of the Windows EPROM. Upon describing my
troubles (garbled sound and 48dB loss in volume) to RME
support, they instantly diagnosed the problem. (I hadn't
contacted them before because I know they do not officially
support linux. Only after trying the board in a Windows
box known to work with a HDSP board and finding my board
still not working did I contact RME.)

So, now, with the right EPROM chip, it's working, even with
50-foot ADAT cables.

-- steve

--- Stephen Cameron <smcameron@email-addr-hidden> wrote
(About 6 months ago, what's below):