[linux-audio-dev] Sample Rate Conversion in Linux (Newby)

From: Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 00:52:47 EET

Which algorithm/library/program is used for sample rate conversion by
cdrecord in Linux? Other programs? I assume there is a library to
perform this function, which is used by most utilities, xmms, amarok,
cdrecord, audacity, etc. Is there any easy way to find this out?

I have just done a simple test burning some sound recorded as a WAV file
at 48,000 Hz to a CD (at 44,100 Hz of course), and think I have noticed
a small reduction in quality.

Thanks - jon