[linux-audio-dev] Python

From: Silver Rock <silverfrequent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 20:28:37 EET

Greetings,

I've been studiyng python and some things are not that clear:

1- Is python too slow to efectivelly communicate with Jack? PyJack did not
seem to work right, so i tried PySndObj's JackIO object. It did not behave
as good as with connection with ALSA.

(btw, I could not acess lots of objects in the SndObj library (like Ocil,
Rand, while acessing normally Oscilli and Randh...) Does anyone know why?)

2- Python comes with the ossaudiodev module for communication with OSS; Alsa
is compatible so it works. Shuld one use this module or use the pyalsasound?

3- pySonic - pySonic the wrapper for the FMOD sound library. but it is not
opensource... is there a standard library for sound processing in projects
like ardour.

4- Are any differences between 'r' and 'rb'; 'w' and 'wb' in:

wave.open('file', 'r') wave.open('file', 'rb')
wave.open('file', 'w') wave.open('file', 'wb')

??

5- I found pySonic, that seems good but it is not open. MusicKit and
PySndObj and omde. Ow yeah, and Pygame. Can anyone expose ihre personal
experience and explain why?

Please be nice,
Claire