clam 0.98 src and suse packages (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linux-audio-dev Digest, Vol 41, Issue 8)

From: Pau Arumi <parumi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 20:33:06 EET

Hi,
I've read this message by lucky chance (not a very descriptive subject)
and, indeed, it comes with important info for the clam devs.

oc2pus@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> hi,
> I packaged clam-0.97 for SuSE.
> http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam

That's great news! Actually David already started working on a spec
file for fedora-core packaging last friday. We'll have a look to your
spec and come back to you.
> for the 0.98 I cann't find the sources ? the src-download site is outdated
> (0.96)

Yes it was. we forgot to run the src-tarball script on-time. Since Feb
14th they are available at the usual place:
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/src/
> second question:
> in this directory http://clam.iua.upf.edu/download/linux-ubuntu-feisty/
> I can find a 0.98 tar.gz, but just to be sure:
> clam_0.98.0-1.tar.gz 281.30 Mb
> really 281MB ? What is in that tarball ?

Good you noticed it! i've just looked into it and yes it's so big. we
did a tar.gz of the wrong dir. It contains... ehem, the disk images used
to compile all packages in all debian flavors using pbuilder. And the
resulting .debs as well. What a mess :-)
Will fix asap.

I suggest you to subscribe clam-devel if you plan to maintain the
packages for suse, which would be great!
Thanks,

Pau