Re: [linux-audio-dev] Programming language

From: Garett Shulman <shulmang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 00:32:12 EET

Carlo Trimarchi wrote:
> > Have you looked to see if there isn't already an application in
>> development that could suit your needs? You might even be able to help
>> in the development of something like Rosegarden or Muse or Ardour.
>
> Well, I need to do it for the university. So, in a way or another, I
> have to build something :D
>
> I was thinking to use C++, but I don't know from where to start. I
> mean, I know the language, but I don't know how to process sound with
> it.
Here is a tutorial on interfacing with alsa:
http://equalarea.com/paul/alsa-audio.html

And here is an Alsa API reference:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/

Here is some JACK documentation:
http://jackit.sourceforge.net/docs/

And here is some LADSPA authoring documentation:
http://gdam.ffem.org/ladspa-doc/ladspa-3.html

That should keep you busy ;)