Re: [linux-audio-dev] audiogui

From: James McDermott <jamesmichaelmcdermott@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 19:13:32 EET

On 2/26/07, Leonard Ritter <contact@email-addr-hidden-ritter.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 13:32 +0000, James McDermott wrote:
> > and got some errors (pasted in at the end), but the GUI mostly
> > appeared. This is just a bug report, I don't need to see a fix.
>
> yes, i suppose this is version collision. i need those commands tho. i
> use cairo 1.3.14 and python-cairo 1.2.0

I have these:

python-cairo:
  Installed: 1.0.2-1ubuntu1

libcairo2:
  Installed: 1.0.4-0ubuntu1

So that looks like significant version skew. Feel free to ignore me, I
haven't moved since Ubuntu Dapper...

> > How hard would it be to integrate this great work with that of Phat/PyPhat?
>
> i don't know if the targets are the same.

Agreed, they're not quite the same. From the point of view of critical
mass of developers, and that of learning the APIs, it would be nice to
be able to say "XYZ is *the* GTK widget set for audio apps" but yes,
perhaps the projects are too different. Both are nice!