Re: [linux-audio-dev] audiogui

From: Leonard Ritter <contact@email-addr-hidden-ritter.com>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 10:09:18 EET

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 11:12 +1100, Loki Davison wrote:
> and i'm happy with putting this stuff into phat / pyphat if you are.

give it some more time. when i made my first synth layouts with it, i'll
contribute.

> Though i'm more keen to get everyone to use
> fansliders for everything because i think they are awesome some aspect
> of choice is nice.

To be honest, they confuse me. mapping resolution to the y-scale is not
such a good idea, since you can't have strict movements along the x or
y-axis. if i travel up or down to increase resolution, it is possible
that the x-position changes as well, because that's how a mouse works.
similarly, if i move the mouse left or right, it jitters up or down as
well. when in finetuning mode, the slider obstructs other gui elements.
Even if it's not crucial, that jittery-wobbly way of moving is
unnerving.

i do not need fine resolution most of the time. it is usually fine for
me to drag the slider where i want, and then adjust the last few clicks
with the scrollwheel. making fine resolution adjustment an integral and
pervasive aspect of the slider misses the point.

besides that it doesn't even look good. it's scary pointy-edged stuff.

--
Leonard Ritter
-- Freelance Art & Logic