Re: [linux-audio-dev] List migration to linuxaudio.org : remaining issues.

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 14:59:01 EET

On 3/5/07, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Two more question have been raised in another thread :
> >
> > > Wouldn't it be easier then to subscribe the consortium list address to
> > > LAA?
> > Agreed, it would be very easy... Ico, comments are welcome.
>
> Sorry, I missed this one. Would this mean having announcements automagically
> cross posted between consortium and laa? If so, sounds reasonable although
> not entirely transparent since consortium tries to cater primarily to its
> members and also tries not to bother who do not feel convinced that the
> consortium is the best way to deal with our community's challenges, and this
> kind of move would suggest that the entire LA* community is endorsing
> consortium which might be too presumptuous. Please do correct me if I am
> wrong...

Yep you are :-)

Actually what was suggested is the other way round, meaning that if
you subscribe the consortium to LAA, everything posted on LAA will be
recieved by the consortium. LAA users would not notice anything and
the consortium will recieve any announces posted. So the decision is
yours, since your the consortium's admin.
Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.
Soon in Berlin !