[linux-audio-dev] OT: anyone familiar with dmraid?

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 09:28:30 EEST

Hi all,

I have a relatively new setup with a softRAID mobo using dmraid/FC6. One of
the drives have recently began to fail so I had it replaced. However,
rebuilding raid via dmraid remains a mystery to me.

I've rebuilt the array in BIOS and that went apparently well. Still the
second drive has no partitions, yet both BIOS and dmraid report this as "ok"
which it obviously isn't. FWIW, I do hear the second drive doing some
reads/writes but I seriously doubt its integrity.

Should I simply mirror the two drives and then boot into Linux and hope that
this ought to do the trick? I am actually hoping for something more elegant.

BTW, FC6 does have some volume management tools (Gnome) but none of them
give you any options re: rebuilding of the array.

Any help is appreciated!

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology, CCTAD, CHCI
Virginia Tech
Dept. of Music - 0240
Blacksburg, VA 24061
(540) 231-1137