Re: [linux-audio-dev] promoting LAC 2007

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 17:04:13 EEST

Lars Luthman wrote:

>I agree that not many people that aren't directly involved with Linux
>audio software care about it, but the Slashdot crowd is hardly
>representative for most Linux and free software users. I hope.

It's not the crowd that's at issue, it's the fact that a great many /.
readers who might be interested never find out about the conference (or
much else about Linux audio achievements). Regardless how I feel about
it, Slashdot is a widely read site. I don't think anyone announced it on
Digg either. Was anything up on YouTube ?

>Wasn't this years LAC sponsored by Ableton though?

They are listed as one of the partners. AFAIK they've shown no public
interest in Linux, nor have they announced any intention to port their
products to Linux. Perhaps they made some statement at the conference ?
Anyone know exactly what their interest in Linux amounts to ?

Best,

dp