Re: [linux-audio-dev] promoting LAC 2007

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 23:38:38 EEST

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>> We are, as we have been always, quite on our own in this little pocket
>> universe of ours.
>
> I think this issue is amplified by the fact that the conference also targets
> by and large the same crowd.

what's the difference between Linux-Audio-Developer meeting and
Linux-Audio-Conference?

historically Karlsruhe Thu/Fri vs. Sat/Sun - this year was different:
Berlin weekdays vs. Berlin weekend - with a smaller audience on the last
two days ;-)

what is the location in Cologne like? - will there be Students lingering
during week but not the weekend next year?

I suggest a single (no parallel) devel-track next year - maybe some
workshops can overlap or be in parallel with the last devel-talk of the
day, which can be a demo..
all other tracks should be for general audience: musicians, home-users
or professionals. Leaving the devs to attend, chat, hack, live-code or
redo their presentation in a different style..

as for promoting Linux-Audio, what about setting up a "Music Made with
Linux" webradio station? - what happened to all the audio-transmittals
of LAC? is there an archive?

robin