[LAD] RFC: Qt-Facade for lash (=qLash)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 07 2007 - 14:02:23 EEST

Hi everybody,

I am currently in the process of creating a facade/frontend-class for lash. I
will use it to lashify JackMix but probably its of interest for others to.

As Qt supports signals/slots this is pretty good for the signaling lash does.

But a problem arises with saving/loading configs trough lash:
Upon the corresponding signal either all configs have to be sent as one to
lash followed by a finished-signal or all the options have to be stored
inside the qLashClient-class so they can be stored. Or (re)storing happens
through virtual functions and subclassing.

I am unsure which of the three models to use.
Signalling to save all options requires a lot of knowledge about lash in the
other objects which is rather unwanted as it make lashifying hard.
Subclassing allows for several save/restore objects to different
locations/mechanism like lash/file/database.
Maybe subclassing could be combined with saving options in the lash-class
(maybe even through QSettings).

Anyone has any ideas?

Is anyone interested in qLash as an independent library?

See the attached files for my current version of the class (license is
GPLv2)...

Have a nice weekend,

Arnold

--