Re: [LAD] LAC streams online. help wanted for editing...

From: Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 16:43:38 EEST

Stefan Kost wrote:
> hi,

<..>
> thanks for the effort. I found the fragments of my talk. unfortunately
> its only some intro and outro. Are there more files comming?
>
> Stefan

unfortunately not. rui and you were the victims of a backbone outage at
the tu...
a few minutes into first session after the opening, we lost connection
to our master server in the radio studio. turned out the server was
humming along just fine, but an ancient backbone switch had got
congested by the unusual load pattern and choked.

in our frantic attempts to track down the bug, we did not manage to
collect stream dumps (i for one initially blamed it on my encoding box
and restarted it time and again to pinpoint the problem, and eric
probably did the same).
by the end of your talk we had re-located the master server to a remote
machine off-campus (to bypass the faulty switch), but too late to
capture anything useful.

sorry for that, and best regards,

jörn

--
jörn nettingsmeier
home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/