Re: [LAD] Phat and pyphat 0.4.1, help needed for future widgets.

From: David García Garzón <dgarcia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 02 2007 - 14:58:10 EEST

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 04:13:30 Loki Davison wrote:
> Phat is a collection of GTK+ widgets geared toward audio apps.
> Bug fixes and a few small feature updates. Most of the work done by Nedko!
> ;)
>
> We need help to implement all of Thorsten's new ideas. Check out
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/ I'm really not able to do much coding at
> the moment due to RSI / overuse injury issues. I'm trying to keep away
> from a computer. There has been some discussion of making phat dual
> toolkit, gtk and qt4. Help with this would be very useful too. Contact
> me if you want to help and need svn access.

As i told in a previous email to the list, we started somewhat like that, not
intending to be a side by side qt phat clone but playing a similar role in
Qt. I suspect that Qt and GTK+ versions could not share so much code, but i
agree that it is interesting to converge in aspect and behavior, mostly on
behavior.

Moving the code to phat svn could be an option but independent distribution
would be more convenient to keep dependencies low.

Configuration is also a key aspect on the convergence. For example, I was
thinking on a system wide configuration for the knob behavior (radial vs.
linear) so the developer can configure the widget to use a system/user
setting or to force one of the modes. It would be nice have this
configuration shared among toolkits.

David Garcia Garzon.
CLAM Team
Universitat Pompeu Fabra