Re: [LAD] Phat and pyphat 0.4.1, help needed for future widgets.

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 16:57:27 EEST

On 5/8/07, audio-mobster <audio-mobster@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Loki Davison schrieb:
> > On 5/7/07, audio-mobster <audio-mobster@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> Did anyone have any progress with the svg knob sources I posted?
> >>

> > I complied it, but are you sure this is the right code? I expected it
> > to load the SVG from another file, i.e one of thorwil's svg's or a
> > simple one and then do the rotating of the correct svg element. It
> > seems to be a port to cairo of the standard gtk style knob with no svg
> > sections.
> >
> > Loki
> >
> Don't know where the SVG really is. Cairo uses SVG for rendering afaik.
> But it's true vector graphics anyway. Reading graphics from file doesn't
> seem of much use to me, because it would prevent dynamic drawing.
> Doesn't it?
>
> Uli
>
> I got changed sources, new_with_range is working no more upside down.
> Shall I post them to the list?

what? ... cairo can render svg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svg
What i was hoping for was a means of rendering the svg's drawn by
thorwil http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

So a graphics designer creates the svg file to render and the code
just does what ever realtime modifications are required to show the
actions, I.e change how much of the indicator is filled it and the
rotation of the knob, etc.

Dynamic drawing? NOt sure if i get you, as i you have to recompile to
get changes? ....

Loki