Re: [LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 15:14:35 EEST

>> 2. Plugins are expected to have a fixed set of ports. There are
>> cases where a plugin can only decide wich ports it will need
>> after being instantiated.
>
> This can be done using an extension. I think Nedko Arnaudov has already
> specified one for dynamically appearing and disappearing ports.

Yes but unfortunately it works only for control/parameter "ports". And
dynparam extension does not use real lv2 ports. And parameter "ports"
are not "control rate" in lv2dynparam.

>> 6. The only way for plugins to discover if a control port value
>> has changed is to keep a copy and compare all values during
>> each run(). See also (7).

dynparam is callback based, so plugin receives callback, in realtime
context when value has been changed by host (either automation or from
plugin UI)

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>