[LAD] important acknowledgments

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 16:26:10 EEST

As we continue to brave incredible load on our server please allow me to use
this opportunity to extend gratitude to those who have generously offered
their time and talents to keep server in working condition (especially given
our limited bandwidth).

So please give a round of applause to Robin Gareus our interim admin,
Burkhard Ritter, our Linuxaudio.org webmaster, and Marc-Olivier Barre our
listserv admin. Without their collective genius our server would be now a
melted pile of goop!

To give you a perspective on just how incredible their accomplishment has
been please consider the following geek stats:

The download.linuxaudio.org alone has served 2.3TB (yes, Terabytes! :-)
since January 2007, with almost 600GB in May alone. Out of 7500 unique
visitors who actually bothered to visit the site (this is a download
repository so not much to see there), over 70% have actually bookmarked it
(go figure). FYI download.linuxaudio.org (apart from software projects)
mirrors ubuntu studio, 64studio, and jacklab distributions.

Overall, this server appears to serve ~50GB/day across all sites and in 8
days (since cumulative tracking was implemented) it has served little over
400GB with an average of 35-40,000 hits a day.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Linuxaudio.org Director
Virginia Tech