Re: [LAD] Small USB audio devices (ALSA compatible)?

From: Mike Taht <mike.taht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 20:42:30 EEST

On 5/26/07, Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hallo,
> Christoph Eckert hat gesagt: // Christoph Eckert wrote:
>
> > > Thanks for the reply. Which UM-2 were you using? I see a few out
> > > there. The UM-2 I know of is only midi. I need audio in/out.
> >
> > Edirol UA-25. Arnold will recommend a Tascam device ;-) .
>
> But the UA-25 is not exactly small, it's rather huge.

This isn't exactly small, but it's pretty cool. I just got a Zoom H4, which
is a 2 track handheld recorder. In both live audio and hard drive mode over
usb it works perfectly with linux, jack, and ardour. Alternatively to it's
built in mics, it can power 48v mics. I hooked up some NT5s to it, worked
great. It can record on its own for hours and hours to an internal SD card
as well.

So far, I'm tickled pink with it.

Ciao
> --