Re: [LAD] Controller images

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 10:46:03 EEST

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 09:48:39AM +0200, Christian wrote:

> Wow, thank you very much!
> Well I think it is worth to have a look at blender.
> As you mentioned the code based rendering: All images are stored in a
> xml file so that everyone using my gui can exchange them to create his
> own style. So I don't think that a rendering approach would be that useful.
> Christian

mhmh... saving the knob anims in an xml file is too much hassle IMO.
my first animated knob was based on a gif animation.

now i resorted to png because of the alpha, and gif being bad...
is the patent hassle gone now ?

i have put all animation phases into one png.
now the problem is, that we need one integer as metadata, to find the
number of animation phases.

Then all height and width of the knob images could be calculated.
i know, that there are fields for metadata inside a png.

Is it possible to set and get them with GdkPixbuf ?
we should try to agree on something.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language