Re: [LAD] LADSPA dilemma

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 13:01:10 EEST

[Fons Adriaensen]
>Since LADSPA does not specifiy that control values are valid at
>activate(), either
>
>1. the first sweep has to start from defaults,
>2. or it has to be replaced by a jump to the current control values.
>
>For 2. keep a boolean indicating that the current control values
>are valid and can be used as the starting point for interpolation.
>Reset in activate(), set in each process().

I've thought of 2. too but would prefer a host side solution because

* you only have to do it once per host, not once per plugin
* it keeps the plugin code simple
* it is more efficient

But I guess that you are right and I should simply do 2. -- or are
there any host authors out there who think otherwise?

Thanks, Tim