Re: [LAD] LADSPA dilemma

From: Steve Harris <steve@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 15 2007 - 15:08:26 EEST

On 15 Jun 2007, at 11:59, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> (*) [OT] After the latest LV2 thread in which I participated,
> I've stopped suggesting such simple things, becaues the reaction
> is always the same - it's too complicated for the plugin developer,
> it's inefficient, etc. while this is in general not true - e.g.
> the call suggested above can just be ignored if you don't
> interpolate control values. Anyway I won't even try again,
> and I'm currently developing my own plugin API.

I'm not interested in starting that discussion again, but it's a
tradeoff between making life significantly harder for plugins that
want to do more sophisticated things, and making it slightly harder
for all.

I don't think it's at all obvious which is the better option on the
whole, but I know what I prefer.

Control value ramps seems to be the solution of choice, but
historically LADSPA didn't have those.

- Steve