Re: [LAD] Windows deprecated as development platform ;-)

From: Taybin Rutkin <taybin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 15:20:48 EEST

On Jul 13, 2007, at 7:46 AM, David García Garzón wrote:

>>> Oh, yes, please, anyone knows how to?
>>
>> The universal compiling is an apple only change they keep in their
>> gcc tree. Theoretically, you could build it yourself on a non-osx
>> box.
>>
>> http://developer.apple.com/opensource/tools/
>
> I don't even know how to compile a OsX non-universal binary from
> linux as we
> do for Windows, so this would be my first how-to. In order to be
> fully useful
> I would also need the packaging tools to build bundles, dmg, icons
> and so on.

Well, bundles are just directories with a specified layout. Icons
use a special .icns format that holds several resolutions of the
icon. Not sure how open that format is. No idea about building dmg
files, but if it makes you feel better, many developers have switched
to zip files instead of dmg for distributing.

As far as cross-compiling, I think osx is supported by the standard
config.sub stuff, so if you know how to use that, it might be in there.

Now back to our scheduled topic of linux developement... :/

Linux-audio-dev mailing list
Linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden