Re: [LAD] [ANN] New AlsaPlayer releases

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 23:22:59 EEST

> I wonder: If you took the audio decoder section of a fully-fledged
> mplayer ... ? It plays a _lot_ of audio formats.

You can use the slave interface with mplayer. It is in fact how it work best
for me. It never crash even when it hang (it is just to use the control button
described above to play the next/previous song/movie).

I done a fvwm button to control it, and it is integrated into the last
fvwm-crystal release (3.0.5) as well as an AlsaPlayer control (and some other
things like a freedesktop compatible menu or an improved amixer control from
the audio button).

I took the idea for mplayer from
http://fvwm.lair.be/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1755&hilit=mplayer

This link describe the available commands:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt

fvwm-crystal: http://fvwm-crystal.org/
I like very much this fvwm based de. FVWM is the only one wm I have try that
give me a performance hit with my box. And fvwm-crystal just work and it is
relatively easy to modify-add functions with it.

Dominique