Re: [LAD] new lossless/lossy audio compressor

From: Gregory Alan Hildstrom <hildstromoo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2007 - 23:53:37 EEST

It probably would suffer some, but it would still be better than raw. The MSBs should compress
well, just as if it were reduced to 16-bit; the frequencies should not change. The LSBs would be
pretty erratic though; like trying to compress noise. But you don't know unless you test.

Can wav files store 32b float? I have never worked with 32b audio data, but I have worked with 32b
sensor data many times. If so, this may be a trivial thing to test and it should involve very few
code changes.