Re: [LAD] intergrating osc

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 18:10:45 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

> On 26 Jul 2007, at 15:24, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> Florent Berthaut wrote:

>>> http://www.audiomulch.com/~rossb/code/oscpack/
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Can someone explain to me the best approach for passing the fader
>> state between gtk2 and osc please?
>
> Yes, you can attach a callback to the GtkAdjustment that gets called
> when the user moves the slider, to end out OSC messages (if you want to
> do that).
>
> If you use liblo (counterplug http://liblo.sourceforge.net/) then you
> can attach callbacks to OSC paths and use the callback to set a new
> value on the appropriate Adjustment. I think someone even made a helper
> library over liblo and GTK that lets you directly bind OSC paths to GTK
> Adjustments.

ok.

The example on the site and looking at jamins code is very helpful for
sending commands.

My intention is to make jackEQ a daemon which can accept osc commands.

I'm not sure from the examples above how to receive osc commands.

Do I need to make jackEQ a server and a client or is a client able to
accept commands too?

Does anyone have a link to the helper library Steve mentioned?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com