[LAD] handling data streams: file vs callback

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 15:54:32 EEST

Hi,

I'm trying to jackify xwax. Xwax is a linux based emulator for Rane
serato and Final scratch.

I have successfully adapted the code from jackEQ to allow xwax to
register and connect several JACK i/o's.

However the original system uses file descriptors for handling the data
(oss/alsa) internally and this is not instantly compatible with the JACK
callback system. At least it's not obvious to me how to link the
internal streams to the external ports.

If anyone here has a tip to link everything together the code is
available online here:

http://www.djcj.org/code/xwax-jack.tar.gz

There's only 6 or seven small files and the process flows from xwax.c
->device.c. rig.c is also playing a part but I'm not sure it is essential.

I'm sure it's a simple fix probably only a couple of lines, but it's
beyond my skills to get it done quickly so I'm putting it out here in
case anyone feels the urge to give me a hand...

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com