[LAD] Re: [LAU] [ANN] lash_wrap - A small LASH wrapper

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 00:15:27 EEST

On Friday 03 August 2007, njcross@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 August 2007 00:39, you wrote:
> > >
> > > A little caveat i found though:
> > >
> > > Apps that create their connections themself are not handled very well
> > > by lash_wrap. E.g. hydrogen, freqtweak etc... It would be cool if these
> > > apps had an option not to create any connections by themself on
> > > startup..
> > >
> > > Flo
> >
> > Erm, just see, jack connection restoring doesn't work with clients that
> > do not create the connections themself either.. hmm, weird.. I suppose i
> > need to debug some more ;)
> >
> > Flo
>
> I'm now having the same connection problems; or rather no connections are
> saved when using glashctl. hmm...

Ok, back to the ML's :)

try:

http://tapas.affenbande.org/lash_wrap/lash_wrap-0.4.tgz

It works here after a quick test.. I have added a --delay [-d] option which
defaults to 3 secs.. That is the time the wrapped client has available to
register jack and alsa ports.. ;)

So if your app takes longer to start than that it will still not work..

Tomorrow or so i will try to add an active scanning mode for jack client names
like for alsa seq client names..

Regards,
Flo

--