Re: [LAD] ALSA FLoat sample format

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 11:37:09 EEST

***** Please do not reply directly to me. *****
***** Please do not CC me either. *****
***** Please reply to the list only. *****

Predrag Viceic wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. In my code I check if I'm on big or little endian
> machine in order to append _BE or _LE.

You shouldn't need to do that, because SND_PCM_FORMAT_FLOAT means native
endian.

> I have already tried with SND_PCM_FORMAT_FLOAT (CPU endian) and the problem
> remains.

Since you already tried that, then this is onviously not the problem.

I suspect that there may be a regression in the ALSA libs. Is it possible
that ALSA 1.0.14a is a pre-release version? Did you install ALSA from
source or did you install a package for your distribution.

Erik