Re: [LAD] Embedded linux board

From: Stephen Sinclair <radarsat1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 01:42:47 EEST

> In fact, I'm curious how much it would cost to actually buy one of those
> ARM9 boards you mention. They priced from $65 each, but do you have to
> buy 100 to get that price?

This reminds me that I've been thinking about trying out the gumstix +
roboaudio solution for building a simple fx box. They don't have an
FPU, which might be a problem, but on the other hand you can put
together a 400 MHz ARM processor with an audio DAC and ADC for
something like $150, with Linux pre-installed.

I've got a gumstix and it's quite nice, but I don't have the roboaudio
so I haven't tried it for audio processing yet. Has anyone done so?

Steve