[LAD] denormal handling

From: Georg Holzmann <grh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 19:32:56 EEST

Hallo list!

I am just thinking about the right strategy for denormal handling in a
floating point (single or double prec) audio application (and yes I
already read the docs of the different methods at musicdsp and so on ...)

Basically my question is, if it is enough to simply turn on the
Flush-to-zero and Denormals-are-zero mode and then compile everything
with -msse -mfpmath=sse ?
I know it won't run on older Pentium3,2 etc. - but for the machines
which support this feature, is this enough ?

Thanks for any hint,
LG
Georg