Re: [LAD] Harmonizer effects

From: Hernán Ordiales <hordiales@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 17:57:26 EEST

> Lately I've been eyeballing some fancy $600 harmonizer rack units at
> $music_store. (http://www.tc-helicon.com/VoiceWorks, for example) Not
> wanting to drop that much cash, I got to looking for some software
> effects that can do the same, without any luck.
>
> Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Is it possible, or is it too
> CPU intensive? If the latter is true, I was pondering some sort of FPGA
> on PCI device for number crunching. I could think of a fun thing or two
> to do with it. Has anyone ever done some similar work?

hi, you have an offline harmonizer in SMSTools [1]

if you want something realtime, by chance recently i was working in
that as part of a google summer of code project[2]

it's a network under CLAM's NetworkEditor[1]

more details (and demos) here: http://audiores.uint8.com.ar/blog/?p=124

regrettably, there still there some artifacts that came from the
pitch-shifting process but i hope that issue could be solved soon

all those changes are now only at the svn version but i think that
will be a new clam release soon

cheers,

[1] http://clam.iua.upf.edu/
[2] http://h.ordia.com.ar/blog/GSoC2007.php