Re: [LAD] ICE1712 [Envy24] and Master volume

From: Bearcat M. Sandor <HomeTheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 23:06:47 EEST

> hi,
>
> sorry for off-topic post. I have a Hoontech DSP 2000 (Envy24) based
> soundcard.
> It works fine with the Envy24 control utility and also to some extend with
> the
> gnome-volume-control (gnome-mixer). One annoyance is that there is no
> master
> volume. I've routed PCM1/2 to the digital mixer but fail to find any
> control for
> digital mixers master volume. Did anyone had more luck with this?
>
> Stefan

Yes. You need to add a softvol control. The following file will give you
one called "Master" and set up dmix which will allow you to play more then
one stream at once. This file assumes your card is card 0. If not change
the "pcm "hw:0,0" and "card 0" lines. Note that dmix is hardset to 48khz
so you will need to change your sample rate in your card settings to match
or else things will sound too slow or too fast.

Here's my /etc/asound.conf.

pcm.dmixer {
     type dmix
        ipc_key 1024