Re: [LAD] [OT] F7 security

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 21:04:42 EET

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 19:39 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Somehat off-topic, but at least it's about systems to be
> used for audio exclusively...
>
> Help !
>
> I'm struggling to get 5 computers running F7 configured.
> In the Gnome destop there's the app that lets you configure
> the firewall and selinux. It asks for the root password
> so I assume that when that's given I can do what I like.
> But everything I modify there (adding allowed ports for
> some networked audio apps) is silently ignored. Same if
> I try to disable the firewall.
>
> I must be ignoring something very simple...

Hmmm, strange. I don't use the native iptables stuff or the gui in
Fedora but use shorewall. Does anything you change make it
to /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config? If so you could try restarting the
firewall, that would be:

  /sbin/services iptables restart
  /sbin/services ip6tables restart
(if you use ip6)