Re: [LAD] Terminology problem

From: David Olofson <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 00:27:16 EET

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Phil Frost wrote:
[...]
> > Now, what do I call the first dimension, *before* specifying what
> > channel I'm talking about? How do I address "the Volume CCs of all
> > 16 MIDI channels", or "the PFL buttons of all mixer strips?" I'd
> > like a short, logical, non-confusing name for this, but I can't
> > seem to think of one.
>
> Parameter?

Maybe... I considered Control as well, but to me, both of those sound
more like single instances of something (just like Ports), rather
than the Class/Type style (ie "Voice Pitch Controls") term I'm
looking for.

*Some* plugin API or something somewhere must have something similar
to this, I'd think, but I can't remember seeing one...

.------- http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples -------.
| http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine |
| http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine |
| http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting |