[LAD] portmidi and alsa

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 23 2007 - 02:20:56 EET

Hi there,

This may be a very simple question, I am not sure.

I am hacking on a buzz-like tracker, aldrin. It is written in
Python, but the heavy lifting is done by libzzub, which uses
portmidi for midi implementation.

At the moment, midi in devices can be selected, midi out are a
bit buggy, but I think that should not be too difficult to sort
out. The main problem which I would like help with, is that the
midi inputs and outputs from aldrin do not show up in with
aconnect -lo or -li at all..

Is it possible to get portmidi to work with alsa correctly in
this way, or are midi connections always handled within the
program, connecting to alsa devices, but invisible to aconnect?

The source for both projects is at:

http://trac.zeitherrschaft.org/aldrin/browser
http://trac.zeitherrschaft.org/zzub/browser

All the best,