Re: [LAD] LADSPA plugin invisible

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 18:33:52 EET

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 15:58 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> [Rémi Thébault]
> >I join my source code, my Makefile and the compiled library (x86).
> >If somebody could have a look or just give some piece of advice on how
> >to make a plugin recognized, this would be a great help for me.
>
> Since you are compiling as C++, you need
>
> extern "C" {
> /* your exported symbols go here */
> }
>
> enclosing at least the functions that you want to export (_init,
> _fini, ladspa_descriptor).

Also, _init() and _fini() are deprecated - future versions of the
dynamic linker are not guaranteed to call them when loading and
unloading modules. You should use either the GCC-specific
__attribute__((constructor/destructor)) or something more portable, like
a global object of a class with a constructor and a destructor.

--ll