Re: [LAD] Rubber Band v1.0 - an audio time-stretching and pitch-shifting library and utility

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 12:13:50 EET

On Monday 10 December 2007 23:36, Tim Goetze wrote:
> Unfortunately it also has to be noted that after the onset, the
> voice body in rubberband's output is not sounding quite as good as
> with 'stretch' -- there's a faint chorus/aliasing effect, not very
> strong but irritating.

You may find you prefer it with the --no-peaklock option, or even
with --crispness 5.

I perhaps foolishly didn't include a standard crispness option that only
does the equivalent of --no-peaklock, because that wasn't preferred to
any of the alternatives for the examples in my informal blind listening
tests. (Instead the default settings tone down the amount of peak
locking gradually as the stretch ratio increases.)

> Is the engine capable of smoothly changing the stretch factor in
> realtime?

Yes.

Chris