Re: [LAD] Linux Dobly Digital Live (DDL) sound cards?

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2007 - 04:45:07 EET

On Sunday 16 December 2007 11:04:15 am Nathanael Anderson wrote:
> Does anyone know if any of the cards that support Dolby Digital live (DDL)
> have linux support including the DDL support. I couldn't really find
> mention of linux DDL support anywhere.

You might want to check out some of the offerings from AudioScience:

        http://www.audioscience.com/

IIRC, some of the older (4000 series) cards have support for AC2. The full
product line is supported under Linux (both HPI and ALSA).

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| Some people call them "cars" or "trucks"; I call them "dimensional |
| transmogrifiers" because they change three-dimensional cats into |
| two-dimensional ones. |
| -- F. Frederick Skitty |