Re: [LAD] [OT] an ogg vorbis player for Java ME mobile phones?

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 11:50:26 EET

On Feb 3, 2008 4:24 PM, Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I agree ! It is time now to have some OGG players inside our phones !

I would be interested in hearing why having a OGG player (or anything
else) on a phone would need java. Most linux (non-java) applications
run out of the box on a GTA01 for instance. Gui might need a bit of
work/resizing, but that's about all.

There's an on going discussion on the Openmoko lists about adding
java/mono to the platform. Another ongoing thread is about the severe
limitation of the GTA01 concerning power management. Sounds a lot like
a paradox to me.

If the choice of java is motivated only by programming comfort, one
should probably do that on a device that has a power cord.