Re: [LAD] Summercode 2008: LASH, pt. 3

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 10:32:31 EET

Am Montag, 4. Februar 2008 schrieb Bob Ham:
> On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 18:18 +0200, Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> > Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > > I fail the see the advantage of D-Bus over e.g. OSC via UDP or TCP.
> > The core issue is abstracting the interfaces involved. As long as it
> > serves to free LASH from being a libjack client
> Why is freeing LASH from being a libjack client a goal?

If you want 'real' session management, you also want to save the jack-settings
per session. That is not possible as long as lash needs a running jack to
start.
And as more and more users have not only one session per computer but both
multiple sessions per computer and multiple computers per session, that is
another reason to part lash from jack-as-a-dependency

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---