[LAD] Summercode 2008: LASH in the finals

From: Juuso Alasuutari <juuso.alasuutari@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 23:40:04 EET

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

I APPROACH YOU MOST HONORABLY TODAY FOR A MUTUAL BUSINESS TRANSACTION.

Only joking. But I have other good news to tell: My LASH project
application for Summercode 2008 [0] made it to the finals. That means
it'll compete against six other applications when the final round is
held on 28.3. (that's 3/28 to those of you with funny locales).

Here are the goals listed in the project application:

- Re-implement liblash's internal protocol to use D-Bus.
- Allow a LASH client to act both as a normal client and a control
application.
- Add a callback API to liblash.
- Make lashd communicate with JACK using the "jackdbus" D-Bus interface.
(Probably will not overthrow the current libjack behavior for now, but
will be added as an optional feature.)

Dave Robillard (drobilla) has given the project his blessing on #lad,
and has granted me repository write access which I'll make good use of
soon. At this point I'd like for Dave to drop by and say "aye" for the
record. :)

Thanks,

Juuso

[0] http://www.coss.fi/web/coss/developers/summercode/2008