Re: [LAD] cortado (gstreamer) [ot-ish]

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 06:47:33 EEST

On 16/04/2008, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
> 1. Can anyone recommend a certain version of it? - The version I have requires
> a VERY NEW java.

Hi Julien,

I think the version most actively developed on recently is the
wikimedia fork. EngageMedia have an up-to-date report about the
different versions:

http://wiki.transmission.cc/index.php/FOSS_Codecs_For_Online_Video:_Usability_Uptake_and_Development_1.2#OggHandler
http://wiki.transmission.cc/index.php/FOSS_Codecs_For_Online_Video:_Usability_Uptake_and_Development_1.2#Cortado_Java_Applet

> 2. Does anyone know if there are constraints on the size of it? - I planed to
> put it in the upper left corner of a site. It's supposed to be roughly 20% by
> 20% of the browser-window. Is that too small?

For video files, it's probably better to specify the dimensions of the
image in pixels, which you can find with ogginfo or oggzinfo (grep for
Width and Height).

For audio files, it might be more appropriate to use jorbis:
http://www.jcraft.com/jorbis/

cheers,

Conrad.