Re: [LAD] Tiny mplayer patch

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 27 2008 - 00:24:55 EEST

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:00:32AM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>
> > The attached small patch provides somewhat more flexible
> > jack connections for mplayer, e.g.
>
> Should that not go to the mplayer list? I'm not sure is any
> of the mplayer devs are subscribed here.

I don't want to present this as the correct solution - it's
just a hack that enables me to use mplayer.

Note that connections still could be wrong, since they are
based on the order in which jack lists the ports. Usually
this will be what you expect, but it's in no way ensured
by the API. For stereo the worst that can happen is that
L and R will be swapped. This will go unnoticed except
if you're listening to classical music. For multichannel
formats the result could be more of a pain.

It's not only an mplayer problem - most apps that auto-
connect to jack make the same assumption.

Ciao,

--
FA
Parma, Italia