Re: [LAD] LV2 port groups

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 17:17:08 EEST

On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 00:04 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Is there any good reason why the B-format port groups refer
> to the 2nd order horizontal components as R and S ?

Good question. I got the component names from an article that I can't
find now, but according to Wikipedia they are not the normal ones. It is
of course possible that I made a typo, but I'm pretty sure I got the
names right from that article (and since I can't find it no one will
ever prove me wrong!).

I am not aware of any host or plugin that is using the port semantics of
the Ambisonic B port groups yet, so it should be safe to fix that bug.
Are the component names in this table correct?

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambisonic#Possible_combinations

--ll