Re: [LAD] lo_server_thread_new pause

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 01 2008 - 12:50:38 EEST

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 00:11 +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think this is a network setup user error rather than anything
> complicated, but anyone know why I get long pauses (5-10secs) when
> calling lo_server_thread_new for the first time in a process?
>
> Is it likely to be some timeout I can adjust?

On some Debian systems I've seen this caused by multicast DNS taking a
really long time to fail. In that case I think it helped to remove mdns4
from the hosts: line in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

Of course, no one should be looking up "localhost" using mDNS or any
other form of DNS, so the real error is somewhere else.

--ll