Re: [LAD] [EPAMP] an effect plugin API for media players: anyone interested?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 15:47:29 EEST

Am Montag, 2. Juni 2008 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 01:39:26PM +0200, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> > It would work like this:
> > stereo input -> hosts converts to 5.1
> What do you mean by 'converts to 5.1' ?
> That's actually what the plugin is supposed to do,
> and the only reason why it's being used. If the host
> is doing this sort of thing then you don't need plugins
> at all.

@Stefano: Without having seen anything from your spec, when you don't allow
different numbers of input- and output-channels your spec is absolutely
worthless.
Even the effects in mplayer (which is as far as I understand your mails your
target as a media-player) can have 2-in and 6-out as far as I know from using
it.

LV2 might be to complicated because of all its possible extensions, but
allowing for any number of inputs and any number of outputs of any type with
a varying number of samples/events per instance-run is one of the things that
seem to be crucial to plugins these days.

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---